Yesterday they posted their Best Blogs of the Ecoblogosphere. If you’re a green geek, you should check it out. And if you’re a happy food fan, pay special attention to the list of blogs about sustainable food.
Two of my favorites on their list are Greenhorns, a land-based nonprofit serving young farmers across the United States, and Animal Welfare Approved, which helps create awareness about how farm animals are raised, where food comes from, and how it is produced.
Here’s a little background on Grace Communication Foundation, which supports:
- The development of sustainable, community-based food production and regional food distribution networks
- Public awareness of how sustainable agriculture contributes to social, environmental, economic and personal health
- Policies that promote sustainable use of water resources for energy and food production
- Policies that protect and promote clean drinking water
- The development of small-scale distributed renewable energy systems
- Increased public awareness of how individuals can improve their physical and emotional health.